Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Clear Skin


Hey Everybody! Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I know I had lots of fun.

I recently purchased a bottle of acneadvance from my local health food store. I'm always on the lookout for things that will reduce breakouts, and this caught my eye. Now, it says on the box that it helps balance hormones, and I know that most of my acne is hormone related (which means it's really hard to get rid of with topical treatments). Since I'm all for natural remedies, I bought a bottle. I'm about a month in, and I'm amazed. I've been able to cut back on my harsh topical treatments, plus it's helped clear up some of my scarring too.

That being said, I've seen mixed reviews about it online. My thoughts are that this will help if your acne is due to a vitamin deficiency, or a hormone imbalance. If it's more an issue of oily skin, or clogged pores, there may be a topical treatment that gives better results. But for under $20 it's always worth a try, the only way to find what works for you is to experiment.

No comments: