Monday, October 26, 2009

Foundation Finds!





















One of the things I hate most in life is when I can see foundation (or concealer) The purpose of it is to blend in with your skin, while still camouflaging your imperfections. I've been looking at HD foundations for a while now, and finally decided to give Smashbox's High Definition Healthy FX Foundation a try. The idea behind HD makeup is that it's specially formulated for use with HD cameras (which show EVERY pore). My thought is, if they work in HD, they should work in RL too (real life, that is).

I love the foundation and concealer. They do exactly what they're supposed to do! When I put the concealer under my eyes, it was like a mini-miracle. As i blended it became my own skin, minus the dark circles. Same thing with blemishes. Then I topped it off with foundation (using my MAC 187, of course) The result? Flawless skin. And it doesn't show either. Even I have a hard time telling if it's my skin, or makeup.

Overall, I'm addicted to Smashbox and I'd recommend you run out to Sephora or Ulta and give some a try!

1 comment:

Gayle Herbert Robinsn said...

That sounds like a great product. I agree, if it conceals in high definition then we all should be running to the Smash Box counter. I'm not sure where they are sold in my area, but I'm sure I can find it in the virtual neighborhood.

I have very sensitive skin, but hyperallergenic products are hard to find. So, I usually test them out on the back of my hand. I'll know in seconds if it'll work for me. Shisheido products work well for me. But, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!