Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shop Your Closet

If you're anything like me you pore over the pages of fashion magazines, wishing you had a wardrobe that reflected those fabulously glossy pages. I usually get sucked in to a shopping spree that ends with an empty purse and an overflowing closet. And yet, every morning I have nothing to wear. It's the plight of fashionistas everywhere. I had to put a stop to it (for the sake of my checkbook and my closet)

So I started shopping my closet for the latest fashions. As I browsed through the pages of the latest fashion magazine, as usual, I tagged any outfits/ trends that caught my eye. Then I went back through, and before I booted up the computer to try to recreate that amazing outfit on page 49 I thought "Can I recreate this with clothes I already have?" Sure enough, I already had those black skinny pants that have been in for several years now. Do I really need this season's take on the cardigan, or will last year's have the same general idea? Before long I had 3-4 new outfits put together and several more that I could create by buying just a few trendy items (this fall's bright fuschia, a pair of 70's inspired trousers) I was shocked! Is it really possible to be trendy and thrifty at the same time?!

I challenge you all to grab your favorite fall fashion magazine, sit down, and give it a try! You might just discover that your "go-to" fall outfit is already in your closet!

No comments: