Thursday, June 4, 2009

Big Hair

























I was wandering the aisles of Ulta, (coupon in hand) as I often do, when I suddenly came across these little Hair Poufs. Now I'm a fan of the big, teased hair trend, but it takes so much work to fluff my limp hair into a ponytail worthy of Bridgette Bardot. And at $9.99 before my coupon, I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

Basically they are little pillows, covered in hair, with a snap/ comb attached. I really like the fake hair, it looks very nice, and the colors seem to match well. Plus they are very discreet once you put them in.

There is still quite a bit of teasing involved with these. You take a few sections of hair at the crown, tease them and pull them forward (towards your face). Then you put The Hair Pouf in at the base and flip the hair back over. It takes a bit of practice to get the comb/ snap part in right. Actually it takes some practice to get them right, period. They're not quite as easy as I thought they'd be. Like I said, I still need to tease quite a bit, and the first couple times my hair looked really lumpy.

On the plus side, they stay in well and are very discreet. It's nice to have a supportive base for your pouf, so you know it's not going to go limp throughout the day. And as I practiced with them, they became easier to use and the results got better. Hopefully soon these will be a quick hair option. Until then I remain on the fence. The price is right though, so if you want a Hollywood bump, and are willing to spend some time playing around, give these a try.

No comments: