Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clearing up Acne

There is nothing that ruins my day more than waking up to find a giant pimple on my chin. It seems like nothing I do can clear it up, and I feel so much worse about myself all day long. A few months back I was reading on the internet and found some people that said Hydrogen Peroxide worked for them. It's a main ingredient in many popular acne treatments, and it's less than $1 per bottle, so I decided to give it a try.

I use a cotton ball, and rub a bit on my face like an astringent, then hold the cotton ball over any larger blemishes I have. It's not a miracle cure, but it helps quite a bit, and it's cheap. It also helped fade some of the older red marks too. Let me just say that I also have very tough skin, so it doesn't bother me, or dry my skin out. However, I've read that some people do have some trouble with this, so just be careful in using it. Also be careful when combining it with other treatments or medications. I use mine with some benzoyl peroxide and a bit of salicylic acid (in my makeup) and, like I said, I haven't had trouble with drying, but I added them back in one at a time, just to make sure there were no problems.

Overall, I'd recommend at least giving it a try, it's less than a dollar, and it might just work for you.

No comments: